Join Our Team
We are seeking innovative, creative problem-solvers who are passionate about furthering educational excellence in public schools. We are looking for people from different career paths and backgrounds that thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. If you share in our mission and genuinely care about students, we encourage you to apply to IPSF.
Irvine Public Schools Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), religion, marital status, registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Irvine Public Schools Foundation (IPSF), an education non-profit headquartered in Irvine, CA, currently has an immediate opening for a Development Coordinator to join our team. The successful candidate is a strong multitasker with a high attention to detail. As part of a three-person Development department, this candidate will work with Director of Development and Development Associate to meet or exceed annual fundraising goals by supporting all aspects of IPSF’s fundraising activities and efforts. This person is responsible for a combination of database management and fundraising support with specific responsibilities in donor stewardship, prospect/grant research, logistics, and sponsorship fulfillment.
Manages gifts and database administration processes.
- Coordinates all development gifts administration: timely data and gift entry, quality content management, and all reporting functions in the donor database system (Raiser’s Edge NXT).
- Processes all donations, ensuring funds are received by finance department.
- Drafts and mails donor acknowledgment letters.
Coordinates and supports donor stewardship, prospect research, sponsorship fulfillment and targeted outreach efforts.
- Performs research on donors and prospects and investigates the grant or sponsorship funding process for foundations and corporations.
- Assists in the preparation of sponsorship packets and grant proposals along with tracking of sponsorship fulfilment and grant reporting.
Provides general administrative support of development department activities.
- Supports the planning and execution of IPSF development activities including annual appeals, special events, and third-party fundraising activities.
- Monitors and updates development-related content on IPSF website.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must have knowledge of fundraising functions and donor or membership database management systems, Raisers Edge NXT a plus.
- Must have the ability to work independently, prioritizing ongoing and new projects to meet deadlines.
- Must be well-organized and have the ability to manage multiple and competing tasks and deadlines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Two years’ related experience in relevant data management preferred; experience with Raisers Edge NXT or similar CRM a plus.
- Experience in nonprofit development and community outreach highly desired.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with hourly compensation ranging from $20-$26/hr. commensurate with experience. Typical hours would be Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with occasional attendance at evening and weekend events required. IPSF currently operates with a hybrid office schedule, two collaboration days in the office and three days remote.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please forward your cover letter and resume to Bre Washington at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Development Coordinator.
IPSF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.
IPSF SUMMER STAFF
We are currently hiring teachers, TOSA’s, clerks, and IAs this summer. Pay range is $15.50-$46 per hour, depending on position.
Learn more at www.ipsf.net/summerjobs