Irvine Public Schools Foundation continues to closely monitor the situation regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), following guidelines from our local agencies including the Irvine Unified School District (IUSD), Orange County Department of Education (OCDE), and Orange County Health Care Agency. We continue to work in partnership with the school district and follow their lead. This is a rapidly evolving situation and the District will continue to update our community. To view that latest updates, please visit IUSD’s COVID-19 website at: https://iusd.org/covid-19-resource-page.
Keeping our Community Healthy
The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus. Right now, COVID-19 has not been found to be spreading in Orange County, so there are no additional precautions recommended for residents to take. However, as a reminder, the CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Stay home except for essential needs.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Additional Local Agency Resources
For questions about COVID-19 and related medical guidance; federal, state and county health guidelines; child care centers; and other government agency related questions, visit: