Enrichment Day | Grades 1-8
Save the Date: Thursday, November 11
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Location: Creekside Education Center, 3387 Barranca Pkwy, Irvine, CA 92606
Come have fun with IPSF! Enrichment Day provides students with an educational and fun outlet to explore new topics or learn a new skill. Skilled instructors will guide students through a morning of in-person, hands-on discovery in a variety of engaging and fun subjects that may not be offered in their regular classroom.
Unleash your inner maker with our creativity workshop, embark on a robotics adventure, discover a passion for public speaking through magic, or sew your own handmade fashion – there are exciting options for all interests!
Student and staff health and safety is our priority; IPSF adheres to all local, state, and federal health guidelines. Each three-hour workshop will be limited to a maximum of 10 students, with social distancing in place during class and breaks. Please see our IPSF Enrichment Day Safe Practices below for additional details.
Thursday, November 11, 2021 is an IUSD holiday – SCHOOL WILL NOT BE IN SESSION!
Registration now open!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I create an account, log in and register?
- Log in or create an account by selecting “CREATE AN ACCOUNT” located in the top right corner of the page. For existing users, the email address used to create the account is your login.
- Update your student’s profile information. Don’t forget to update your student’s grade level to ensure that the appropriate classes display.
- Once registration is open, select Enrichment Events, 2021-2022 Late Fall, and ‘IPSF’ school to see a list of available classes.
- Click “Add to Cart” to select a class and proceed to payment page.
- You will receive a confirmation email once payment has been processed.
Is Enrichment Day open to all students?
Students must attend an IUSD school to participate. All academic models are eligible for in-person Enrichment Day.
Is a virtual learning option available for Enrichment Day?
Enrichment Day is offered in-person only, unfortunately we are not able to offer an online version of this experience.
What is the deadline to register?
The deadline to register for workshops is November 3, however enrollment will close once a class has been filled.
IPSF Enrichment Day Safe Practices
Irvine Public Schools Foundation (IPSF) follows all local, state, and federal health guidelines to keep staff and students safe and healthy. IPSF requires parents to acknowledge student COVID-19 health statement at program sign-in. Routine hand washing and surface cleaning throughout the day. Hand sanitizer and tissues will be available in each classroom and any shared items will be wiped down regularly.
What safety policies and procedures are in place?
IPSF Policies & Procedures for Enrichment Day 11/11/21
- Smaller class sizes to accommodate social distancing (No more than 14 students per class; 16 in culinary/120 per program)
- Students will remain with their same group throughout the day
- Conduct visual wellness checks of all students upon arrival
- Routine handwashing and surface cleaning
- Hand sanitizer and tissues available in all classrooms
- Limiting shared materials, to the extent feasible
- Sanitizing any shared materials after each use
- Signage will be posted, reminding all participants to wear a mask, social distance, and wash hands
- Surface cleaning done at the end of each class
- Mandatory face coverings such as a mask for all staff, instructors, students, parents, and any other adults on campus. A Health Care Provider’s note will be required for anyone requesting a waiver to this policy per the Orange County Health Care Agency Director
- Masks will be made available for those who forget to bring them to Enrichment Day
- Outdoor time (if applicable) will be staggered so that classes do not co-mingle
- To the extent feasible, social distancing and limited interactions during drop-off and pick-up
- Non-essential visitors will not be allowed on campus
What happens if a student becomes ill during Enrichment Day?
Should a student become ill during the course of the day, or exhibit symptoms of COVID-19, (this includes a fever of 100.4 or above, vomiting for any reason, uncharacteristic lethargy, excessive coughing, or any medically related ailment that the Director deems concerning) parents will be called immediately and the student will be isolated and cared for until parents arrive. If a student is seriously ill, emergency services will be called.
Should a staff member become ill during the day, they will be isolated until they can be transported home or to a healthcare facility.
- Areas that have been used by students and staff who exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 will be closed off until cleaning and disinfection can occur.
- Sick staff members and students are not allowed to return to any IPSF program until they have met the CDC criteria to discontinue home isolation, including at least 3 days with no fever, symptoms have improved, and at least 10 days have elapsed since symptoms first appeared.
- Should a COVID case arise, the IPSF liaison will coordinate the documentation and tracking of possible exposure, in order to notify local health officials, IUSD, staff and families in a prompt and responsible manner.
Are masks required?
Face coverings are required for all teachers, students, and parents. A doctor’s note is needed for waiver to this requirement per the Orange County Health Care Agency Director.
Students will be permitted to remove their masks only to eat or drink when distanced at least six feet from other students and staff.
How large will groups be?
Students will be in groups of 14 or less, except culinary which will have up to 16 students, and will stay in the same cohort throughout the day. Snack time will be staggered and distanced so there is no co-mingling of students.
Is there a recess break?
An outdoor recess period will be staff observed and directed. Children may bring an optional morning snack and a labeled reusable water bottle. Snacks will be eaten with appropriate social distancing guidelines observed. Snack sharing is not permitted. Toys from home are not allowed.