Instrument Rental Day 2020 – 2021
Saturday, September 12, 2020 **The appointment portal will be open Tuesday, September 8 at 8 a.m. to Friday, September 11 at 12 p.m.**
Time: 7:50 a.m. -12:50 p.m.
Location: Rancho San Joaquin Middle School | 4861 Michelson Dr. | Irvine, CA 92612 | 949.786.1278
To ensure your rental process goes as smoothly as possible, please read the information below carefully before you make your appointment!
For supplies only, there will be a separate table at Instrument Rental Day. If you have an appointment, you may purchase extra supplies after you pick up your reserved instrument.
Before You Begin the Appointment Process
- Please make sure that you have a valid credit card handy. A credit card is mandatory to rent an instrument. We only accept Visa, Mastercard or Discover card. We do not accept American Express. If your credit card declines, everything in your basket will be returned to the inventory and you must start over.
- String instruments (Violin, Viola or Cello): If you are planning on renting a violin, viola or cello, make sure your child has already been sized by their music teacher to rent the correct size. Please do not guess the size of a string instrument! There will be no size exchanges on Instrument Rental Day and playing on the wrong size can severely affect a child’s playing ability.
When You Are Making Your Online Appointment
- There is a time limit of 15 minutes for each instrument transaction. After that, the instrument will be put back into inventory.
- Do not press the back button at any point during the transaction.
- A credit card is mandatory to rent an instrument. If your credit card declines, everything in your basket is returned to the inventory and you must start over.
- You will be asked to choose the condition of instrument you will be renting, see pricing for specific instruments here:
- New instruments are brand new and have never been used.
- Standard instruments are previously used. These may have some cosmetic flaws. On standard string instruments cosmetic flaws include very minor scratches, chips and/or professionally mended cracks, none of which affect sound quality or playability.
- Fair instruments are older “well loved” instruments with multiple cosmetic flaws that do not affect the sound quality or playability of the instrument.
- If the instrument you choose is not available, try choosing a different condition of the same instrument.
- New! This year, a new option will be available as part of the rental contract called the Customer Assurance Program. For a monthly fee of $5.00, IPSF will repair damaged instruments or replace lost or stolen instruments, contingent on the monthly instrument rental payments being paid timely and in full. Families remain responsible for intentional or reckless damage to the instrument.
- You will be able to rent more than one instrument if you have more than one child during one session.
- Be sure to print all documents at the end of your transaction.
For Your Appointment
- You must bring the following documents that you printed after making your reservation and paying online:
- Your Instrument Rental Program Online Confirmation
- Your Rental Agreement
- The completed Instrument Rental Credit Card Authorization Form if paying by credit card (either monthly or in full)
- The completed Instrument Rental Electronic Check Payment Authorization Form if paying by eCheck (electronic check)
- You may purchase extra supplies for any instrument at check out, regardless of the instrument for which you had an appointment.
- Please remember that if you do not appear at the appointment time, your instrument and supplies will be placed back into general inventory and you will be refunded the payment minus a restocking fee of $50.