IPSF’s Instrument Rental Day for traditional scheduled schools will take place on Saturday, September 10. Appointments are required for all new rentals and can be made online beginning Tuesday, September 6.
Instrument Rental Appointment Process
Making a New Instrument Rental Appointment
2022-2023 Instrument Rental Appointment Sign Ups
Book An Appointment Tuesday, September 6, at 8 a.m. to Friday, September 9, at 12 noon at www.ipsf.net/rental
What you MUST DO ONLINE BEFORE Instrument Rental Day:
- Choose your instrument(s), supplies and rental payment options.
- Complete a parent profile and select an appointment time to pick up your instrument and supplies on Instrument Rental Day, Saturday, September 10.
- Check out and receive a confirmation of your appointment and rental.
- Print your paperwork and bring it to your appointment on Saturday, September 10.
In order for IPSF to provide a quick and efficient rental experience, please arrive on time and bring your printed renal agreement. IPSF’s Instrument Rental office is located at Rancho San Joaquin Middle School, 4861 Michelson Drive, Irvine.
How to Size Up or Instrument Exchange
If your student needs the next size string instrument or your student has decided that they would like to change to a flute, clarinet, alto saxophone, trumpet, trombone or baritone: Come to the IPSF Instrument Rental Office to exchange or get a bigger size.
No appointment needed for size ups or exchanges.
Open Monday, August 29 to Friday, September 2, 10.m.– 6 p.m.
Strings: All students must be sized by their music teacher in class. Come to the IPSF Instrument Rental Office after your student is sized. There will be no sizing in the IPSF office.
Before You Begin the Appointment Process
- Please make sure that you have a valid credit card handy. A credit card is mandatory to rent an instrument. We only accept Visa, Mastercard or Discover card. We do not accept American Express. If your credit card declines, everything in your basket will be returned to the inventory and you must start over.
- String instruments (Violin, Viola or Cello): If you are planning on renting a violin, viola or cello, make sure your child has already been sized by their music teacher to rent the correct size. Please do not guess the size of a string instrument! There will be no size exchanges during your appointment and playing on the wrong size can severely affect a child’s playing ability.
When You Are Making Your Online Appointment
- There is a time limit of 15 minutes for each instrument transaction. After that, the instrument will be put back into inventory.
- Do not press the back button at any point during the transaction.
- A credit card is mandatory to rent an instrument. If your credit card declines, everything in your basket is returned to the inventory and you must start over.
- You will be asked to choose the condition of instrument you will be renting, see pricing for specific instruments here:
- New instruments are brand new and have never been used.
- Standard instruments are previously used. These may have some cosmetic flaws. On standard string instruments cosmetic flaws include very minor scratches, chips and/or professionally mended cracks, none of which affect sound quality or playability.
- Fair instruments are older “well loved” instruments with multiple cosmetic flaws that do not affect the sound quality or playability of the instrument.
- If the instrument you choose is not available, try choosing a different condition of the same instrument.
- An option is available as part of the rental contract called the Customer Assurance Program. For a monthly fee of $5.00, IPSF will repair damaged instruments or replace lost or stolen instruments, contingent on the monthly instrument rental payments being paid timely and in full. Families remain responsible for intentional or reckless damage to the instrument.
- You will be able to rent more than one instrument if you have more than one child during one session.
- Be sure to print all documents at the end of your transaction.
For Your Appointment
- You must bring the following documents that you printed after making your reservation and paying online:
- Your Instrument Rental Program Online Confirmation
- The completed Instrument Rental Credit Card Authorization Form if paying by credit card (either monthly or in full)
- The completed Instrument Rental Electronic Check Payment Authorization Form if paying by eCheck (electronic check)
- You may purchase extra supplies for any instrument at check out, regardless of the instrument for which you had an appointment.
- Please remember that if you do not appear at the appointment time, your instrument and supplies will be placed back into general inventory and you will be refunded the payment minus a restocking fee of $50.
Current Health & Safety Precautions
To ensure the health and safety of our families, all instruments are cleaned and disinfected per NAMM and NFHS guidance. Rentals are by appointment only, and all visitors are required to wear masks, and follow social distancing guidelines.