IPSF Musical Theater at Woodbury!
We are excited to welcome your child to IPSF’s musical theater production at Woodbury Elementary! Students in grades XX-XX are invited to join us as part of the cast of XXXX . Make new friends, learn skills, and gain new confidence through this one-of-a-kind experience! If you are interested, please attend our parent information meeting to learn more.
Mandatory Parent Information Meeting
Wednesday, December 14 at XX p.m.
Zoom – Please RSVP here for the link
Imprisoned on the Isle of the Lost – home of the most infamous villains who ever lived – the teenaged children of Maleficent, the Evil Queen, Jafar, and Cruella De Vil have never ventured off the island… until now. When the four troublemakers are sent to attend prep school alongside the children of beloved Disney heroes, they have a difficult choice to make: should they follow in their parents’ wicked footsteps or learn to be good?
Who: Open to all 7th & 8th grade students
What: Join the cast of Disney’s Descendants: The Musical for an all-district middle school musical production in Irvine!
When: 11 week commitment: December 1 – March 4
Where: Westpark Elementary School | 25 San Carlo Ave | Irvine, CA 92614
How Much: $250 registration fee, per student
October 28: Registration opens online (more info below)
November 14: Parent Meeting via Zoom at 6:00 p.m.
November 21: Registration Deadline – all students must be registered to participate
November 28: In-person Auditions
November 29: Callbacks
November 30: Cast list posted at 5:00 p.m. on Shutterfly site
December 1 – February 24: Rehearsals on Thursdays and Fridays – 5:30 – 8:00 p.m.
February 27 – March 2: Tech Week Rehearsals 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
March 3-4: Performances at 7:00 p.m.
WHAT DO I DO NOW?
Attend Parent Information Meeting
- Join Parent Information Meeting on November 14 at 6:00 p.m.
- Meeting is virtual only: Zoom Link
- Bring your questions and something to take notes
Register for Musical (can be completed before parent meeting)
- Sign in or create a new account on IPSF online enrollment site
- Go to Middle School Musical class listing, click orange ADD CLASS button
- Note: If button is not orange, make sure that you are signed in to your account and have a student on your account that is eligible to enroll in the class
- Checkout to complete registration
Get Ready for Auditions
- Once you have registered, ask to join our Shutterfly site
- Go to Registration/Audition tab for audition details
- Sign up for an audition time – You must be registered with IPSF to sign up for an audition time slot
- Auditions are optional but encouraged. Auditions are for students who would like to be considered for a speaking role. Non-audition students will automatically be placed in the ensemble.
- Practice monologue and song and break a leg!
Have an Unforgettable Experience!
- Cast list will be posted November 30 at 5:00 p.m. on the Shutterfly site, be sure to join the page in advance!
- Print out IPSF Commitment Form (located on Shutterfly site), discuss commitment with your child, sign as acknowledgement, & bring to first day of rehearsal.
- Plan to attend all rehearsals
- Make new friends
- Build confidence
- Work hard
- Invite family and friends to attend performances on March 3 & 4 (ticket sales info TBA)